Instead of cluttering up the main site with a long list of links, I'm going to put them here.
Agricultural Extension Publications
- The Art of The Home - Perhaps something that one could do themselves on a small scale?
- Crown Bees - A wealth of information on solitary bees, along with bees & supplies to purchase
- State of Tennessee - County Online Burn Permits
- Rutherford County, TN - (old site? Online Burn Permit) but now hosted by the AG department? TN Burn Permit
- Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS)
- Looks like a glossy-paper magazine and has some cool stuff for inspiration - but not deep "how to" articles: TN Home & Farm
- TN State U Extension: Economics of small-scale Biodiesel Production
- Dave's Garden - My all time favorite Gardening site
- Solar Path Finder - From SunCalc
- DIY - Alaska Grow Buckets
- PVC Greenhouse - on Youtube
- Peasant Bread - From Alexandra Cooks
- Cowpeas for deer - from QDMA (Quality Deer Management Association)
- Days from Date Calculator - To estimate harvest and birthing times
- Better Homes and Garden Plant Encyclopedia - find the perfect plant - filter results by type, color, height, zone and more!
- Grow Peanuts
- Perennials Which Need Cold Stratification - quite the list
- The Official Winter Sown Site by Trudi Davidoff
- Blackberry Growing - From the U of Arkansas - a full video series on growing Blackberries in the South
- Chicken Processing - He isn't practiced in the actual dispatch, but this is one of the better videos I've seen showing what the process is and what the equipment is. As with any skill, I believe the person
- Joel Salatin Chicken Processing - A professional setup and dispatch
- Set Up Walk Through - No actual dispatch, but nice list of things that he uses
- Jack Spirko - The Survival Podcast - for when times get tough, or even if they don't.
- The Seed Guy - Starter kits, heirloom kits, or buy individual packets. Support your small farmer.
- Search Engine "Pick A Carrot" - that searches seed catalogs to find out who has what you want
- Kitazawa Asian Seeds - mostly Japanese oriented, but also has Korean and Chinese vegetables listed
- Baker Creek - All open pollinated - one of my faves!
- Johnny's Select - Another favorite - open pollinated with some hybrids; in quantities for the gardener, small farmer, and broad-acre farmer
- Sunflower Selections - I have not tried seeds from them; however, they have the largest selection of sunflowers that I have seen from any one seed company.
- Seedaholic - I have not tried seeds from them; however, their plant information for the seeds that they sell are excellent; better than some of my favorite seed companies.
- Soil Survey - Find your location and see what kinds of soils are in your area
- Apple Trees - interesting thoughts on apple trees, apple growing, and related items
- Apple Nutrition A ShortArticle
- Apple Pollinator Checker - most comprehensive one I have found so far
- Black Walnut Harvesting & Processing from The Garden Grapevine
- Black Walnut Huller for Sale also from The Garden Grapevine
- Pear Pollination Chart - from Raintree Nursery
- Tennessee State Tree Nursery - your state probably has one, too. Seedlings adapted to TN. (Online ordering opened up in July 2018 for delivery January, February, or March of 2019)
- Tree Seeds - from, well, treeseeds.com