I left my December book at work, so here I am with the January book. Got a break from the 20° F weather. Nice 60° F day to day. Rain is predicted for tomorrow.
- Went to get mulch but they were closed. Hopefully they are opened on Monday.
- Began pulling crab grass - endless chore.
- Set out two sets of mulch four pathways -needs to be thicker, but it’s a start.
- Much of the mulch from last year is showing signs of decomposition. Good thing I have an unlimited source of free stuff.
- Chickens enjoying being out and about. Nice day. Hope they became rewarding be with lots of eggs soon! People at work are waiting.
- $47.00 for 3 bales pine shavings and two bags of food.
- Need fencing for the garden for next year - chickens and then the addition of new puppies. Yes, new puppies, German Shepherd brothers. Been a long time since we had puppies. Scout came to us as a nearly one year old.
- Finally got are bound to buying some permanent tags for my trees. Just in time, too. Some of them have already lost their original tags. I have a map, so I’m pretty sure which one is which. Copper tags that you write on with an old ball point pen. Probably need more.
- Can’t find my plant labels. Still unpacking things from Nevada.
- I’ve got some inadvertent compost tea. Need to aerate it and have it go aerobic. Probably be good for all my trees.
- Happy to have gotten to enjoy this a lovely day, even if I spent most of it sleeping. To go outside and not be bundled up was a pleasure.
- Still struggling with waiting to plant seeds in January and February. Could it be a lifelong problem. I’ve be an writing about this affliction for over a decade and hasn’t seemed to have gotten any better.
- Put all my tree inventories in two Evernote. Slowly getting my act together. Another lifelong endeavor.
- Making bean packets for each tree was awesome.
- Not keeping them weeded meant we didn’t eat a single bean.
- Will I really be able to retire at 65? Will we really have the house paid off by then?
How did this entry get here? What are Journal Entries? https://www.thelittlebiddyhenhouse.com/2018/12/combining-blogs.html
Post a Comment
Thanks for your post! I hope you enjoy my blog!